Let us start a community cafe in Gujarat! Hi everyone,I am looking to connect with hosts and community members interested in starting or collaborating on a community cafe concept in Gujarat.Are there any existing host groups, active local communities, or hosts currently running a social/community cafe space in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, or other parts of Gujarat? If so, please drop a comment below—I would love to connect, share ideas, and learn from your experiences!If you are a host in Gujarat interested in building this out from scratch—whether as a physical meetup space for guests, a co-working hub, or a cultural exchange spot—let's team up.Looking forward to connecting with the Gujarat Airbnb community!
Community Café
Connect with other hosts, share stories, enjoy casual conversation, and celebrate wins!
Conversations
Featured
Hello everyone! 😊
Welcome to the Community! 👋
We, the Community Managers, are thrilled to have you join us.
Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:
: I’m from Italy 🇮🇹, have lived in Germany 🇩🇪, and now call the UK home 🇬🇧. I love traveling and meeting new people and cultures from around the world 🌎. I’m passionate about music, art, and anything involving creativity 🧑🎨. Fun fact: in a different lifetime, I was a ballerina 🩰. I’m excited to get to know you and support you, through the community, on your hosting journey!✨
: 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳, and moved to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 few years ago! I’ve recently discovered my love for photography 📷 and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you can find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.
: I was born in Italy and, as a lover of unique experiences, from exploring the streets of Rome 🇮🇹, Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine, I'm here to blend the old with the new.
: I was born in France 🇫🇷, raised in French Polynesia 🌺 and Morocco 🇲🇦, and have settled in the UK for 14 years now! On evenings and weekends, you will find me spending time with my dog, working on a jigsaw, or trying my hand at some new cuisine. 🍲
: I’m a proud new mom to a little one 💛 I’m originally from Colombia 🇨🇴 and have been lucky to call British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦 home for the past few years. I love hiking, mountain biking, dancing, and, whenever I get the chance, traveling around Canada and the world. 🌎✨
: I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I used to be an Airbnb host myself many years ago🏠 I've been here for 8+ years, and enjoy how diverse this community is. Off duty you'll find me cycling 🚲, playing football ⚽ or travelling 🌏
: I’m originally from Cardiff, Wales but, as a military child and a veteran’s spouse, I’ve travelled and lived in lots of different places across the UK and Europe. I love getting involved in my local community and volunteering. I’m also really into rugby now, both playing and coaching, as well as weight training and generally finding new ways to challenge myself. 🏉🏋️♀️ I love being outdoors, especially by the sea, and try to be conscious of my impact on the planet where I can. 🌿🌊
: I'm from Barcelona and I moved to London 11 years ago - which is when I joined the Airbnb forum community. I love cinema, reading, series where a lady solves mysteries 🕵🏼♀️, and running. There's nothing like getting up early, making a coffee and clocking up the miles while your mind wanders off somewhere else with you. 🏃
: I’m a polyglot from Italy 🇮🇹, who’s been living in the UK for over a decade now 🇬🇧. I love books and can be found with my nose stuck in one every single day. When I am not immersed in a story, you can find me horse riding 🏇🏻, biking with my city bike 🚴🏻♂️or hitting featherballs with my badminton racquet 🏸.
Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself.
Where are you from? What’s special about your listing? Where can we find your accommodation? What inspired you to become a host?
Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Warm regards,
The Community team
Hi everyone,
Ever wish you had a space to talk through the unique situations that come up while hosting? That's exactly what the Host Circle is for.
👉Go to the Community Forum side bar, click on “Host Circle” and hit “Join” button to get access. Without hitting “Join”, you won't be able to see or participate in the conversations (or you can also click here to view Host Circle.)
Note: discussions from this space won’t appear in internet search results!
Come join in!
Regards,
Bhumika
This is a conversation I brought up here on the CC a few years ago, I recently had contact with a prominent Australian entertainer as part of the Adelaide Festival of Arts and it brought me back to this old post....Who would you love host?
Given the opportunity, who, on this planet would you most like to host....and why?
I will get the ball rolling by saying, mine would be Scott Neeson!
Scott with his parents emigrated from Scotland to Australia in 1964 when he was 5. They moved here to South Australia and settled into the Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth, about 30 minutes away from where I live.
After his poor attempt at schooling Scott joined the Clifford Theatres movies circuit delivering movie reals to the various Clifford theatres around town. He rose up the ranks of the movie industry here in Australia to the point where he became the head of Twentieth Century Fox distribution in Australia in 1986. He was lured to Twentieth Century Fox in the US and moved there in 1993 as Vice President of marketing and eventually rose to become the President of Twentieth Century Fox.
In 2003 he was head-hunted to become the president of Sony Entertainment and between switching roles he took a vacation to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
As part of his travels he happened to end up in the city's tip and was struck by the hundreds of children as young as 4 scavenging for anything they could find to keep their families alive.
He left Cambodia and took up his role with Sony but was continually haunted by thoughts of those kids on that tip in Phnom Penh, so after 3 months he sold up everything he had in LA, moved to Cambodia and set up the Cambodia Childrens Fund which now educates over 2,000 children and cares for 20,000 families.
Who does that........ turns down the most powerful position in global entertainment and donates themselves and their lives to the underprivileged.
Scott is now 67 years old, is the epitome of the human I would love have been, and if I had that one opportunity, I would love to sit down for an evening or two with Scott and find out what has made him such a great human being!
Cheers......Rob
Part of the latest fall update are the maps where you can view your own trips as well as those of your friends. There, you can also see right away how they liked the place and how they rated it:
Have you already taken a look and discovered anything interesting?
Go to Connections: https://www.airbnb.de/users/profile/connections-map
I'm interested in knowing which areas in the Murrieta general area allow STR's. All of the cities I've contacted either don't allow them or require the host/owner to stay on the premesis. I believe that Riverside county allows them but assume some or all HOA's don't. I'm a Realtor but often other realtors list homes incorrectly using nearby city names instead of unincorporated or Riverside county. Was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to search for homes for sale that are in the unincorporated areas.
When reviewing the profile of a potential guest, if I see multiple trips but no reviews, I sometimes take a pass because I assume they were not great guests. I always write reviews for Great guests, (most are and none have been terrible!) but I hesitate to write a review if I think the guest deserves less than 5 Stars. I have come to the conclusion that I'm not alone. Am I wrong?
As far as I'm concerned, that's how it is. I don't like to give a negative rating, so I avoid writing a review. Anyway, it rarely happened.
I have left reviews of 3 and 4 stars. Not many but I have. The clientele we almost always have are respectful blue collar types. We also like to meet our guests if we can to try and build a rapport with them. We find this helps with situations.
Hi any Airbnb hosts out there who would be interested in swapping Airbnbs? We can still book each other's places by offering an agreed amount. Like I was thinking I can charge $10 Canadian per day just to cover the utilities if another Airbnb host is willing to do the same/ equivalent + cleaning fee? My Airbnb is located in a popular area of Toronto near Trinity Bellwoods Park. I would be interested in swapping for 28 days as my listing is for 28 days+ as it's not for short term rental. I work in TV and it's very slow for work right now. I wouldn't mind being elsewhere, preferably warm but I'm also open to any cottage counties in Ontario. Hit me up if this sounds interesting to you!
https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1560615789825138187?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=b751b70d-cfe5-4a2e-af0f-df4d04bd03aa
Join the conversation
A forum for hosts around the world to ask for advice, share tips, and grow your business all in one place.
It is totally absurd and illogical for the guest to request a full refund after having completed her entire 3-night stay. If the place was not suitable for her, she should have reported it within the first 72 hours and left the premises. Instead, she stayed until the end, enjoyed the villa with 8 people instead of 6, and used additional amenities. Requesting a refund after the fact is a clear attempt at fraud that Airbnb's policy should not tolerate."
that's an absurd request. Did you reach out to Airbnb support? I have had excellent results with support.
good day to everyone here
interest in most popular cancellation policies




























